Welcome to Five for Wednesday, our weekly round-up of tech-focused news.
- Microsoft stalwarts Skype and PowerPoint are able to display captions and subtitles in real time, matching the capabilities of Google Slides and other applications. These changes are a huge win for deaf users and others with hearing loss.
- Bose’s new augmented reality (AR) glasses are audio-only, and the company suggests they will be useful for context-aware audio-based tours. Can anyone imagine a REALTOR® using these to supplement their presence during open houses and walkthroughs? We can.
- If using Amazon’s Alexa has become part of your daily routine, check out these 12 new things she can do.
- Volkswagen is the latest vehicle manufacturer that’s pumping the brakes on making cars with combustion engines. Electric cars are definitely in everyone’s futures.
- Lastly, a great article on the new crop of productivity apps (and suites of apps) competing to make your and your team’s work-life easier.