The Best Virtual Private Networks, Why Net Neutrality is Important for REALTORS®, and More in Five for Wednesday
- More people are using VPNs (Virtual Private Networks) to stay safe online. If you’re interested in using one to protect your privacy, remember at the very least this one thing: a paid VPN is better than a free one.
- VPNs, part two: The Wirecutter has a great roundup of the best VPNs. Spoiler alert: there’s not a single free one on their list.
- Net neutrality has been given a second chance at life by the US Senate. If you’re still wondering if net neutrality is important for REALTORS®, take the time to watch this video. And if you’re moved to take action and tell your House representative what you think, here’s an easy way to do it.
- Yay, technology: an app for Microsoft’s Hololens combines 360-degree sound and its knowledge of where objects are to help blind people navigate through homes and buildings.
- Boo, technology: a marketing company in Philadelphia geofences hospital emergency rooms and sends targeted ads to patients inside.