Looking for an in-depth look at the Smart Home trends of 2017? Look no further than this new webinar!
Join our User Experience Designer, Joe Sullivan, as he talks about six product categories making waves this year. Joe has a lot of great information on current smart devices, including a look at what each product does, the benefits of incorporating them into your current lifestyle, and some questions buyers and sellers may have about homes with smart home fixtures. Joe also goes over some tips for REALTORS® when working with smart home tech during the listing process. The webinar covers three security and three lifestyle smart home product families – smart locks, smart security cameras, smart doorbells, smart lights, smart thermostats, and smart air quality monitors. If you’re interested in this webinar, head on over to the product page at the REALTOR® Store and check it out! And let us know what other topics you’d like to see covered in webinars – we’re always excited to help our members learn more about technology and its impact on real estate.
The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind as we shifted gears to get ready for the REALTORS® Conference and Expo in Orlando, FL. The whole gang is heading down to Florida to show off who we are and what we do, and we wanted to put our schedule up on the blog so you won’t miss a thing.
Speaking Events: We’ll kick off Friday with Chad speaking at the Property Management Forum from 10:30AM-12PM (all times Eastern) in the Orange County Convention Center West, Room W312 A. The forum will be discussing market segments and niches. On Saturday, Chad will speak to the Commercial Leadership Forum from 9-11AM in Orange County Convention Center West, Room W 206 A-C. Also on Saturday, Joe will be running the Emerging Business Technology Forum, where agents and brokers will talk about digital strategies. We’ll also be doing presentations in the Commercial Marketplace on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday; look for Chris from 11-11:30AM Saturday, Dave from 11:30AM-12PM Sunday, and Joe from 11-11:30AM Monday to talk about how the Internet of Things can work for commercial real estate.
Facebook Live: We’ll be going live from the expo floor Friday at our usual time to host our office hours from our booth. To watch live, check out our Facebook Page at 2PM; if you give a like on the page, you’ll be notified when we go live (this week and every other week). We’ll be showing off our booth, which is part of the REALTOR® Pavilion.
Booth #208: Our booth at the expo is our place to shine. We’re bring a bunch of smart home devices to demo, like the latest thermostats, locks, and cameras. We’re also going to be showing off some of our in-house projects, including our Rosetta Home software, Indoor Environment Quality sensors, a prototype for an app based on our Smart Home Checklist, and more. On top of all that, we’ll be raffling off 5 Amazon Echo Dots – you won’t want to miss out on that! We’ll also have a ton of stickers and buttons to give away, so make sure to come by this weekend to check it all out.
Green Pavilion: We’re proud to host coffee artist Michael Breach to the Green Pavilion on Sunday from 1-5PM. He’ll be making amazing latte art and whipping up delicious pick-me-ups (while supplies last). I’m hoping he’ll make me a Hamilton-ccino, personally.
A ton is going on in Florida this weekend – we hope to see you all there!
From Unsplash: https://unsplash.com/photos/gcDwzUGuUoI
Part of our work at CRT takes us on the road several times a month. We are going to try to keep a better record of events we’re speaking at and events we’re attending. For this month, there are several events happening all over the country. If your association is interested in having us at an event, please feel free to reach out to us at info at crtlabs dot org. Thanks!
- Friday, 04/08 – Las Vegas, NV – Speaking at Greater Las Vegas Association of REALTORS – General Membership Meeting – Chad will be speaking on what’s coming in the not too distant future and what you can do to prepare yourself. All GLVAR members are welcome to attend!!
- Tuesday, 04/12 – Park City, UT – Speaking at Rocky Mountain Region 11 2016 Conference – REGISTRATION CLOSES 04/04. Chad will be presenting on what CRTLabs is and what we’re doing to educate membership on smart home devices. What do these devices mean for the future of your business?
- Tuesday, 04/12 – Atlanta, GA – Working at 2016 RAMCO User Group Meeting – Dave is going to be working with RAMCO and teaching a seminar on RAMCO APIs. Dave is also happy to field any questions about what we are doing at CRTLabs. 🙂
- Tuesday, 04/12 – San Antonio, TX – Speaking at NAR TechEdge – San Antonio, TX – Joe Sullivan will be presenting on IoT (Internet of Things) and how it relates to your business. Joe will talk about what the future of these devices will look like as well. Zero UI and user experience will be covered in this talk.
- Tuesday, 4/19-4/21 – Chicago, IL – Speaking at RESO Spring Conference – Data standards galore for our industry!!! Chad & Chris will present on what CRTLabs is up to for the real estate industry. If you’re working with data in the RE industry, definitely become a member of RESO and come on over to this event! You can even squeeze in a visit to our labs. 🙂
- Friday, 04/22 – Omaha, NE – Speaking at REBarCampOmaha – Chad will be one of the featured speakers, covering what you can do to educate yourself on smart home tech and how you can help CRT test devices.
- Tuesday, 04/26-Friday, 04/29 – Los Angeles, CA – Attending T3 Summit – Chad will be attending the T3 Summit to spread our work on the smart home and IoT front, as well as renewables.
That’s it for this month. Next month? Midyear looms large! Will we see you there?